Tuesday, November 06, 2012

OPEN LETTER TO RUSH LIMBAUGH




I know you're going to read this. I know you won't acknowledge it. At least not openly. But that's okay. I haven't been around lately and I know you're relieved. The fact is, I just can't keep up with your lies anymore so I took a break. I'd tune in your program from time to time and in less then thirty minutes I'd note a lie, make a mental note, then turn to NPR and enjoy the rest of my day. I'd get home and dash off a quick post exposing you and mocking you in the process. I know the word got back to you, you almost quote me from time to time. Of course, you usually take it out of context like you do with most things. But I have to give you credit. When I point out a blatant lie you do a quick spin and try and slide it past your audience in case they learned a fact or two here. But it gets tiresome. I'm not making a living on exposing your lies and, frankly, I have better things to do. You, on the other hand, have made your fortune lying to your followers and selling them tea. So I took a break from you.

While explored other options to honestly inform the public I came across a political section on Yahoo. As I went through the various questions being posted I noticed a common thread in many of them. Your minions were trying to spread your poison. I responded every chance I could, pointed out the sewer from which their information came, and eventually you reacted. I just happened to catch your show when you played a ten second clip of a couple of executives from Yahoo making what you considered a “liberal statement”. With that ten seconds of almost inaudible speech you unleashed your minions on to a public forum to try and stem the bleeding. I had been mercilessly whipping you and the best you could come up with was a 10 second sound bite with no context so you could brand them “liberal” and discredit any truth your followers may get. I'm flattered. I still chop your minions to pieces when they dare to post a question emanating from you but after they get pummeled by the truth, they withdraw and return more desperate then ever...pretty much like you.

But that's not the main point of writing this. I haven't been addressing your lies here lately because of the new source I found which is way more fun. But I'm sure you remember how I destroyed you during the 2008 elections. I thought for sure the way I pummeled and humiliated you (actually, you did that to yourself, I just pointed it out) that you would be just a bad memory this time around. But there seems to be plenty of sheep to shear so here you again.

This time around I sort of let you go. It's obvious that the dismal failure you were in 2008 has effected you to the degree that you realize you have virtually no influence on the elections so you just scrambled to make a point here and there. I've listened to you lately and I just love the way you tried to lie about the polling data. I pointed that out on a number of occasions and a major result of that is your minions are no longer bragging about Romney's numbers and they've stopped acting like fools trying to tell others how the polls are skewed. Face Rush, science and reason are not your forte. Even less so for your tea drinkers. So here we are. And I have a deal. If you come out ahead on this, I'll lay off. If I come out ahead, well, you just go on pretending you never saw this and I'll ramp up the torment. So here's the deal:

You don't trust polls, you don't like polls, you've stated the media is biased and in your gut you know you're right. I heard today that you dug up some guy that is predicting a Romney victory with nearly 300 electoral votes. You praised him as some kind of impeachable source. He knows his business and sees Romney winning with some where in neighborhood of 300 votes. What your tea drinkers (clinging to the last shred of hope you had to offer) never noticed was that you never mentioned the guy's track record. How'd he do four years ago? What's his batting average when it comes to predicting presidential contests? If you said anything about it at all I didn't catch it.

Meanwhile, I've been reading Nate Silver's stuff. I know you know who he is but I never heard you mention him. Certainly that's because he doesn't tow your party line. I suppose. But I'm betting he's a lot more accurate then that what's-his-name you dug up. Nate has Obama winning about 315 electoral votes. So, here's the deal. Romney wins (by any margin) I'll give up trying to educate the public to your lies. But if Obama gets re-elected, get ready. And if the President wins by 300 or more, load up your bomb shelter with plenty of tea because you're in for a long, rough ride.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home